Guidelines for Private and / or “For Profit” Trainers
1. 30 day + notice of program and range / classroom requirements.
2. Deposit for range / classroom, due upon date of 30 day notice, $150 for 1st day and $50 per each subsequent day of instruction.
3. Company and / or Personal “current” membership in the GFSSC.
4. Proof of insurance coverage ( $1,000,000 / $2,000,000 ) for instructors AND students ( see #8 below ).
5. Proof of “current” certification for ALL instructors, in disciplines being taught.
6. Need to schedule sufficient number of Certified Range Safety Officers for the “live fire” portions of the class, subject to the “written” approval of the GFSSC CRSO.
7. Any variations to “live fire” exercises, not generally allowed on the specific range, must be approved, in writing, by the GFSSC CRSO, prior to the exercise.
8. A roster listing ALL instructors AND students, with their GFSSC membership number, if applicable. To be submitted with the deposit.
9. A $10 “educational” membership will be required of ALL students who are not members of the GFSSC. The $10 may be applied to “full” membership by the student, within 3 months of the class date.
Reviewed / Approved, GFSSC Board: June 7, 2011
Project Appleseed Shoot:
The Appleseed Project is an interesting mix of marksmanship and American Revolutionary history. Please refer to the following website for more information:
Project Appleseed, Known Distance winter shoot (Winterseed); January 23-24,2016
This will be a Known Distance Shoot (Out to 500 yards), in challenging winter conditions. Shooters must have attended at least 1 prior Appleseed before attending this shoot. Shooters must bring a center fire rifle with adjustable sights, sling (USGI preferred), 350 rounds of ammunition, and appropriate clothing to spend 8+ hours outdoors in snowing and windy conditions. No .22 shooting will occur. The shoot will run from 8 AM to dusk both Saturday and Sunday. Registration is limited to 10 shooters. Shooters can sign up online at appleseedinfo.org. Please email the shoot boss at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions
2016 Education Schedule:
Classes will be scheduled on an "as requested" basis. A minimal of ten (10) prepaid students will be required for the presentation of any class. To request a class please contact: Dave Simpson; POB 7, Ft. Shaw, MT 59443-0007; 406-264-5418 (home); 406-799-5418 (cell); email@example.com. Your request will be placed in a roster and when ten (10) or more persons request the class, you will be contacted and a tentative class schedule made. No private OR personal classes will be scheduled. Group classes (>=10 persons) may be scheduled.
The following courses may be offered this year at the GFSSC (per member interest). This list is not complete and additions will be made. Enrollment is based upon payment, first paid, first enrolled. If you are interested in the class, it is recommended that you reserve your slot as soon as you have decided to attend. Please refer to the Education and Calendar sections for more complete info:
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Basic Pistol
NRA Basic Rifle
NRA Basic Shotgun
Montana Concealed Carry (NRA Basic Pistol recommended as prerequisite)